Crossroads Caring For Carers, who provide a wide range of community care services across the West Midlands, are very pleased to introduce the Crossroads Carers Assistance Line, for unpaid carers in Sandwell thanks to funding from the Community Lottery Fund.
Chris Christie, Crossroads CEO said, “Many carers find themselves feeling isolated, worried or stressed and the pandemic has added even more unforeseen pressure. The Carers Assistance Line is available to carers of any age living in Sandwell and the free service offers a caring, listening ear, as well as practical assistance to help unpaid carers when they feel they need some extra help. With our office in Oldbury in the heart of Sandwell and a team of experienced Coordinators, we want to support carers to care for their loved ones with confidence and knowledge – during the pandemic and beyond.”
Support that the Carers Assistance Line can offer includes:
- Confidential, one-to-one support
- Advice, information and guidance over the phone or face-to-face
- Signposting to other specialist support services and/or groups provided by Crossroads and other organisations based within Sandwell
- Help to reinstate previous/pre-Covid-19 care arrangements or facilitate new arrangements
- Advice on how to gain a Carers Assessment from the Local Authority
- Wellbeing support, coaching/mentoring
- Support and practical training provided in the home, by our in-house trainer, for carers of people with complex needs
- Access to Carers Trust Emergency Fund
Call our free Carers Assistance Line on 0121 803 6830. Lines are open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm and Friday, 8.30am – 4pm. Alternatively, you can email – CAL@sandwellcrossroads.org.
To find out more or to make an online referral, visit their webpage.