Supporting Carers in Sandwell
Do you care for someone living in Sandwell? A carer can be anyone of any age who provides regular and on-going care and emotional support to another person. You could be a family member, friend, neighbour, or you may be a foster carer.
Caring can make you feel isolated and worried, as well as putting a lot of pressure on you, so we are very pleased to introduce the Crossroads Carers Assistance Line (CAL), thanks to funding from the Community Lottery Fund.
Carers Assistance Line
The Crossroads Carers Assistance Line provides a caring, listening ear and can support you in many practical ways –
- Confidential, one-to-one support
- Advice, information and guidance over the phone or face-to-face
- Signposting to other specialist support services and/or groups provided by Crossroads and other organisations based within Sandwell
- Help to reinstate previous/pre-COVID care arrangements or facilitate new arrangements
- Advice on how to gain a Carers Assessment from the Local Authority
- Wellbeing support, coaching/mentoring
- Support and practical training provided in the home, by our in-house trainer, for carers of people with complex needs
- Access to Carers Trust Emergency Fund
Here you can view or download the Carers Assistance Line leaflet
Who can access the service?
The service is free to access and open to carers of any age living in Sandwell. A carer may live in Sandwell, but care for someone within a nearby local area.
Make a referral now
Please complete the referral form below and return to CAL@sandwellcrossroads.org.
Or you can complete our online form and someone will call you back.
Webinar to find out more about the service – Thurs 14th Jan 2021, 10.30am – 11.30am
If you’re a carer or healthcare professional in Sandwell and want to find out more about our Carers Assistance Line join us for our informal webinar, safely from home via Zoom, on Thursday 14th January 2021, 10.30am -11.30am. The session will introduce the service and the referral process as well as giving you an opportunity to ask questions and meet team members.
To reserve your free place on the webinar and to receive the Zoom link, please email CAL@sandwellcrossroads.org.
Call our free Carers Assistance Line on – 0121 803 6830
Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm and Friday, 8.30am – 4pm.
Email – CAL@sandwellcrossroads.org